BIM Professional Foundation
BIM Professional Foundation
Are funding opportunities (such as education checks) available to you? Feel free to contact us!
In 7 Modules you will learn
- The curriculum set by buildingSMART
- Extensive knowledge of BIM
- Competence in information management of building data over the entire life cycle
- Basic knowledge for the acquisition of further subject-specific BIM expertise (BIM Professional)
- Those involved in the construction supply chain in the areas of design, construction and operation of buildings in building construction and infrastructure for both private and public sector and on the client and contractor side.
- Managing directors, managers, building owners, general and building contractors, architects, structural engineers, building services planners, building contractors and tradesmen, surveyors, project controllers, project developers, asset/property/facility managers, building product manufacturers.
- Newcomers who review and prepare BIM implementation
- BIM managers
- Previous knowledge of BIM is helpful, but not a requirement.
Your learning objective: You will learn what BIM is, what opportunities and risks are associated with the introduction and implementation and learn the common terms and their definitions. The most relevant BIM initiatives worldwide will be introduced.
BIM Benefits and Project Examples
Your learning objective: Participants will learn about the benefits of BIM for the various disciplines at project and organizational level and will be made aware of the differences between BIM processes and traditional processes. You will also learn about possible challenges and the necessary soft skills for dealing with BIM.
BIM Goals and Uses
Your learning goal: An overview of which goals you can achieve with BIM and which uses are necessary for this will be explained.
BIM Implementation in Company, Department & Team
Your learning objective: In this module you will learn how BIM can be sustainably introduced in companies, departments and teams and how the five BIM factors can help you. In addition to the general procedure using analyzes and an implementation plan, you will also be familiar with the challenges and associated preventive measures.
BIM Project Setup
Your learning objective: The structure and sequence of BIM implementation for projects will be outlined and you will understand how the previous determination of BIM goals, fields of use and use cases lead to the project setup. The procedure for implementation, the associated understanding of roles as well as necessary requirements, information processes and initial steps in BIM projects are also described.
Standardisation and Information Exchange
Your learning objective: In module 6 the national and international current state of BIM standardization are demonstrated. You will learn the differences, advantages and disadvantages between openBIM and Closed BIM. You will become familiar with the most common specialist model and exchange formats, as well as openBIM processes, terminologies and formats.
Object-Oriented Model Design, BIM Tools and Coordination
Your learning objective: You will learn the conditions for model building and structuring and get to know the different model classifications. You will be introduced to a selection of BIM tools. You will learn how to create coordination models, how these models can be checked and coordinated and how the following measures can be defined in change management.
Would you also like to have your knowledge certified?
Obtain your internationally recognised proof of competence here.
Only digital learning without the possibility of further inquiry? Of course not! Our experts are always ready to answer your questions, even before and after the Q&A webseminar, included in the certification package. You may contact us at (+49) 211 96 65 13 04.
We also offer our BASIC E-learning as a Corporate Solution. If you are interested, please contact us.